Lakeshore Legal Aid serves low-income people, seniors, and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in a holistic manner to address clients’ legal issues and improve our communities. Lakeshore provides free direct legal representation in 17 counties in southeast Michigan and the thumb and client intake, advice, and brief legal services throughout Michigan via our attorney-staffed hotline. Our practice areas include housing, family, consumer, elder, and public benefits law.
Lakeshore Legal Aid has an opening for a full-time Office Administrator in our Port Huron office. Our offices vary in staff size and specific needs, but the Office Administrator supports our dedicated staff who advocate and litigate on behalf of low-income and senior clients. All of our offices will have staff attorneys; however, there will are offices that also have administrative personnel.
- General - Answer telephones: provide information or direct calls to the appropriate person or agency. Greet office visitors and clients. Schedule and confirm appointments. Establish a respectful working relationship with vendors and contractors to resolve any concerns or issues. Make sure any incoming fax documentation is distributed correctly.
- Mail - Retrieve the mail, sort, distribute, and process outgoing mail. Take outgoing mail to post office and replenish postage for office.
- Financial - Petty Cash, bank deposits, and reconciliations. Order office supplies and submit vendor invoices.
- Client Files & Documents - As instructed: create, file, or retrieve client files, assist in preparing other documents, drop off or pick up court documents from the courthouse and use the database system for data entry for client case information. File away and organize closed files within the office area. Shred any documents and files as instructed according to the agency’s policy.
- Operation of Office Equipment - Computers, multi-functional machines, telephones and audio/visual equipment.
- Provide additional administrative and clerical support as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of administrative and/or office support experience.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Ability to determine and apply priorities and be a problem solver; however, can recognize when to seek guidance from supervisor.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, be empathetic and understand that our clients are a diverse representation of the community.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Edge (formerly IE), along with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are essential as well as the ability to exercise discretion when processing confidential information.
- Ability to work independently or collaborate with co-workers and a willingness to adapt to changing office demands.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to attend mandatory meetings/trainings.
- Potential hires are subject to a background check.
- Writing sample may be required during face to face interview.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and includes excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance/AD&D, short-term disability, long-term disability, retirement plan, vacation and personal time.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
** Applications accepted until 12 pm on March 13,2020. **
LLA values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.